Medical Weight Loss
New Beginnings Medical Weight Loss Program
New Beginnings is a unique supervised medical weight loss program that includes not only dietary and exercise counseling, but implementation of supplemental treatment modalities including vitamin supplements (oral and injectable). Our line of Wellcor products provide both sources of energy and enhance the fat metabolism process which aids in weight loss.
Throughout his years as a cardiologist, Dr. Surkin has been bringing new and innovative approaches to treating his patients. Integrative medicine brings patients and caregivers into a partnership, which helps patients to become educated, empowered, proactive and responsible for their own health and wellness. His methods include a strong emphasis on nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Surkin is a Board Certified cardiologist and Sleep physician who has been trained at Yale University and also earned a Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition from Columbia University. Dr. Surkin is an expert in the association between obesity, heart disease, and sleep.
Dr. Surkin has a great interest in the treatment of obesity from a primary prevention standpoint and feel that vesting an interest in a program that can potentially reduce a patient’s risk for heart disease is invaluable. He has also struggled with losing weight throughout his life and has lost weight through the program he has developed.
- History and Physical including lab work, electrocardiogram (ECG), measurements, and weight.
- Will discuss if Cardiac studies (Echocardiogram and/or Nuclear Stress Test) and/or Sleep study (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) are needed to proceed with the program based on symptoms and/or medical history.
- Outline of dietary plan along with exercise counseling.
- Meal Replacement Supplements, if neccesary.
- Will receive supplements including Vitamin B12 Complex injections.
Follow up visits:
- Continual diet and exercise counseling.
- Initiation of anorectic agent if needed.
- Supplements and Vitamin B12 Complex injection.
Initial consultations usually last an hour to an hour and a half.
Dr. Surkin will guide you through the process of making lifestyle changes that will hopefully become second nature. There is also a psychological aspect to weight loss (food cravings, anxiety, depression) that will continually be discussed throughout your program.
“The Pathway To A New You, Is Within Your Reach.”